Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day fortyfour

My weight today is 229.2, a loss of 29.7 pounds. I have lost about 11% of my body weight in a bit more than six weeks. My waist is still 45 inches.

Dr. F. responded to me. Turns out that he was not mad at me after all. He has a glitch in his web site which does not mark updates to older threads as unread. I was advised that by another member, who suggested that I create a new thread, which I did. Dr. F. responded very quickly to that post and we have been corresponding ever since.

I take back every mean and nasty thing I ever said about Dr. F. on this blog. His input to me was as follows:

My input is that is sounds like you are doing great and healing can't take place much faster than this. You are already seeing progress and it hasn't even been two months. You still have lots of weight to lose and it is not going to continue to come off at such a fast rate. I hope you can be more patient with your skin as you may have to lose lots more weight still.

Considering the fasting you have done already and the weight that has to come off, I think you should give it some time now, just on the nutritional program (at least 6 weeks) and then consider another fast if you can. But, continue to keep me posted with your progress.
So, that then becomes the new plan of record. I am going to continue with the nutritional program for six weeks starting today. That will take me until March 26. Given that I have a lot of work-related issues coming up during that period, as well as 4 weeks of back to back travel, that makes sense to me.

I will look at my next fast sometime in late March or early April. Possible after April 1, since that is the deadline for our next round of documentation. That would put me into the dead time. I could afford to take a couple of weeks off at that time to do a longer term fast.

I will continue to investigate the possibility of doing the fast at home versus a residential approach such as True North in California. The cost of doing it at home is obviously far less.

Symptom wise, I am feeling pretty terrific today. I slept very well, with only a little itching. I am slightly stressed about a deadline that I have at work, but if I focus I know that I can knock that out today. Once that is behind me, I will feel better in that regard. I have virtually no arthritis symptoms at all. That has been a major, huge win on this program. My swelling is basically gone. My hands are very flexible and pliable. I feel really young again.

Also, as expected, food tastes really, really great. It feels wonderful to be eating again. You have no idea. A full stomach is the nicest thing in the world after four days of water only fasting.

Ruth says that she cannot imagine me fasting for 14 days. I understand where she is coming from, given how difficult the last fast was. But I will definitely do it if I can nail psoriasis for good. I am very confident that I can do that.

More later.

No comments: