Friday, February 15, 2008

Day fortysix

I have not weighed today. Ruth swept me a way for a wonderful Valentine's day holiday / date, and thus I am a bit off my normal routine.

Yesterday, we had Red Lotus for lunch. This is a good place for vegans. I have discussed this before. I had tofu with black bean sauce and brown rice. Very tasty!

For dinner we went to Tosca's. You have got to check this place out. Many excellent vegan choices, if you work with the management. Same ownership as Blue Corn Cafe, which I have discussed previously. I had a vegan salad, and then the spinach fettuccine with grilled spinach, tomato and a wonderful vegan sauce. Yes, the fettuccine was not fully ETL compliant. However, it was the best that I could do on short notice.

This morning, we had breakfast at Windows in the Franklin Hotel in downtown Chapel Hill. Again, an ETL challenge. However, we worked with the chef and ended up with a fruit plate containing cantaloupe, honeydew and raspberry, and then grilled asparagus, spinach and roasted potato.

So, all things considered, I maintained the diet fairly well.

I am somewhat tired as the bed in the Franklin was nowhere near as comfortable as my bed at home. (When have you been to hotel that was?) But otherwise feel fine.

My plan is to eat in an ETL compliant manner, and workout at the gym. I may do yoga tomorrow morning, or I may end up riding the bike, depending on the weather.

More later.

No comments: