Friday, February 8, 2008

Day thirtynine

I am now fasting. My fast began last night at 12:20 a.m. I will fast until 12:20 a.m. on Wednesday morning, 2/13/08. 120 hours total, as I have said.

Presently, I am not too hungry with just a bit of a headache. I am thinking about going to the gym to sit in the hot tub. Probably will not work out. Mostly today I have been resting.

My weight starting this morning was 242.0. We'll see what happens over the next 5 days.

Following up on my post yesterday, the yowel circuit (described in the book The Pleasure Trap) works just fine as long as you are consume a natural, whole foods, plant based diet. It will be defeated if you consume a nutrient dense diet. A rat, for example, will maintain a healthy weight as long as it is fed an appropriate diet. When it is fed a diet of white bread and chocolate, however, it will gain 50% of its body weight in just 60 days. The yowel circuit does not work in this case.

This is what I have experienced. A diet consisting of steak, eggs, chicken, chocolate, ice cream, cookies, bread, pasta, etc. has left me in a state of obesity. I am definitely in the obese category. My first goal should be to get below that level, down to where I am merely overweight. That means my BMI should be less than 30. Presently, my BMI is 32.5. That means that I need to be below 220. That is a weight loss of 22 pounds from my present weight.

My eventual goal weight is 175. But that is going to take a while. I think 220 is achievable in the next couple of months at the rate that I am going. I did lose almost 20 pound in the first 4 weeks, after all.

Of course, the skin is the primary objective. In that regard, I am having some issues. Of course, things tend to kick up when I fast. I am very itchy and somewhat scaly. Hence the idea of sitting in the hot tub.

More later.

No comments: