Friday, January 18, 2008

Day eighteen begins

Wow. I missed a day. Sorry about that.

OK, getting you up to speed here.

After leaving my planning meeting, Jon and I worked out. Back and biceps. He killed me. I like that behavior. Ruth and I then had dinner at Whole Foods consisting of a huge salad. It would be difficult to include all of the items in this salad. Many greens, lots of kinds of tofu. Other legumes as well. Many fresh vegetables. Lots of fruit. You get the idea.

Later I made a blended salad smoothie consisting of a half bag of frozen spinach, banana, cherries, and soymilk. That was it for day sixteen.

Yesterday, I had a bowl of oatmeal with soymilk and fresh apple for breakfast. For lunch, I had another huge salad consisting of field greens, carrot, tomato, celery, cucumber, pinto beans and balsamic vinegar. This was at the Cisco headquarters in RTP where I was attending a sales meeting. Cisco seems to "get it" with respect to vegan dieting more than most companies I have visited. At least, this was an excellent salad.

Later, Ruth and I attended another Bikram yoga class. I am finding that Bikram yoga is getting easier. I still tend to become faint when straightening up from the poses where you are bent over. And of course, I sweat a lot. Otherwise, it is becoming more flowing and natural. I feel more flexible. Getting up and down is easier.

And, of course, the sweating does wonders for my skin. I feel wonderful after the class.

Following the class Ruth and I had dinner again at Whole Foods. Since I was planning on fasting, I ate a bit heavier than usual. This was brown rice, chickpeas, tempeh, sietan, steamed zucchini and fresh grapes. I drank three huge classes of water as well. Later Ruth and I had a large smoothie which contained almost a pound of fruit apiece. Mango, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, banana, among others.

I began fasting at midnight last night. I am now fasting.

My weight this morning was 247.4. Still not less than my low weight of 245.8. I will probably see some weight loss during the fast, though. I will let you know on that.

Symptom wise, I have a bit more swelling today, probably due to the heavier diet I ate yesterday. I may do a light workout (probably walking) later to see if I can release some of that. Otherwise, things seem to be working fairly well. I have not eaten anything today, needless to say.

More later.

No comments: