Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day twenty begins

My weight this morning is 240 flat. My waist is 47 inches flat. Both are new lows for CY08.

I slept fairly well considering I am fasting. I have some stiffness in my hands. The psoriasis is about the same. I am less itchy though.

My plans today are to continue to fast, relax, and possibly go to church later this morning. Jon said that he wanted to work out today. If so, I will keep it extremely light.

Aside from that, just hanging out and relaxing. Fasting is pretty hard work after all.

In terms of sensation, I feel a hollow in my gut, and I am a bit weak. On the positive side, my mind is extremely sharp. I am able to see very clearly. My tinnitus is completely gone, and my hearing is also very sharp. Other senses are also acute. I am not sure why fasting does this to me, but it is a definite effect. It is similar to the experience of being high on marijuana without the giddiness or euphoria. The experience of listening to music is heightened for example, similar to a THC high.

I am now over half way through the four day fast. I have fasted with water or zero calorie clear liquids for 57 hours at this point, out of 96. That leaves 39 hours remaining.

More later.

No comments: