Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day twentyseven continued

OK, just kidding about only one post. I should point out that I weighed myself this morning and weighed in at 240.4 pounds. That's actually really good news. I was beginning to think I am gaining weight. Not so. This is probably a reasonable weight from the fast. I have not gotten down to the approximately 238 pounds from right after the fast, but some regaining is normal. You become somewhat dehydrated while fasting. You regain this water weight when you begin refeeding.

Bottom line is that I am still losing weight. I just need to keep going. Tomorrow is four weeks and 2/3 of the way through the initial six week period that I set when I started this process. I have lost 18.5 pounds in four weeks. That's over 4.5 pounds per week. Pretty cool.

My long term plan is to continue the diet for another 2 weeks. During that period I should continue to drop weight. At that time, I will kick out another relatively short-term fast, possibly for 4 or 5 days.

In the meantime, I am feeling stronger. My workout today was completely awesome. I can tell that my body is responding to exercise much better than it used to when I was eating meat. I am getting a lot more benefit from the exercise. I think the yoga is part of that as well. My body is more open. My posture is better. I am very alert and aware of myself and my surroundings.

More later.

No comments: