Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day fifteen

I am in a planning meeting today, so my post will have to be short. Last night I slept fairly well. I was a little disturbed by arthritis pain, though. I had itchy dry skin this morning.

I have gotten into the "blended salad" approach of creating smoothies. I am adding a couple of cups of chopped spinach to my smoothie. I almost do not notice the taste, it is hidden by the blueberries or cherries. I am still using soymilk as the base, but may experiment with other options later.

Small moves, after all.

Later I ate an apple. For lunch we went to Doc Greens. There I had a vegan vegetable soup (a little salty but otherwise fine) and a large salad consisting of field greens, grapes, strawberries, apples, tomato, cucumber, carrot, purple onion, and slivered almonds. Only balsamic vinegar for dressing. It was quite nice. Next time I might add avocado to add a bit more fat. It was very light.

Right now, I feel pretty good. My inflammation is very low. My skin is dry and itchy but the lesions are still shrinking and certainly less painful.

Since my meeting has ended early and I do not have any commitments until 6 tonight, I will probably go home, grab my workout stuff, and head to the health club.

More later.

No comments: