Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Last night and day two

I joined Dr. Fuhrman's web site last night and sent him a message via the discussion forum. He responded to me almost immediately, and referred me to the November 2004 newsletter. This prescribes a program which has 9 points:

  1. High nutrient vegan diet rich in green vegetables.
  2. Blended salads (this is the first I have heard about this one) and blended soups (utilizing leafy greens like kale)
  3. Fresh vegetable juice (like carrot, beet, parsley, kale, and other greens)
  4. High dose fish oil (again, different from the book)
  5. Supplementing with intestinal flora (also new)
  6. Multivitamin supplement, especially including vitamin D
  7. Natural anti-inflammatory herbs like turmeric, ginger, etc.
  8. Water only fasting
  9. Dietary avoidance of salt, wheat and oil
I am modifying my regime accordingly. I will probably need to invest in a better blender. I doubt the one I have will hold up to blending spinach and kale.

I am also studying the recipes on Dr. Fuhrman's web site, some of which look pretty tasty!

Diet wise I ate a dinner last night of black bean soup (containing sweet potato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, garam masala, cilantro, and cumin) and a big green salad.

This morning I have eaten an entire apple and an entire pear. I have drunk water.

Symptom wise, I had a very rough night last night. I still have swollen and painful lymph nodes. I also am very itchy and somewhat inflamed.

Oh, and I recalled one additional area of involvement with the psoriasis. The back of my head is basically one huge psoriasis lesion. Large pieces of skin scale off from this area regularly.

More later.

No comments: