Friday, January 18, 2008

Day eighteen continued

I had lunch with my good friend Ray today. Ray also has a new blog, which is quite nice. It is here. Please check it out.

The discussion centered somewhat on the book The China Study which I am now reading. More information on this book can be found here. This is another mind blowing, paradigm shifting book as I have said before on this blog. The implications of the China Study include:
  • The writers of such books as the Aktins Revolution, The South Beach Diet and the rest are either grossly incompetent (in that they have failed to read and consider the China Study, certainly the most important research study on human nutrition ever conducted), or they are cynically lying in order to obtain profit (in which case they are evil). One wants to grab them by the throat, shake them, and ask them what they were thinking.
  • The threat of the standard American diet dwarfs all of the other issues which we constantly debate. This includes alcohol, cigarettes and illicit drugs, which are minor issues compared to the SAD issue. I would say that global warming, global terrorism, and so forth, serious as they are, are minor issues compared to the threat to our society of the SAD. The reason I say this is that the effects of the SAD will be felt much more quickly and in a more pronounced manner than either of the other issues are likely to be.
We are in the crucible. We must decide, one by one, as individuals to cease to destroy our health with toxic products such as dairy and red meat. Even fish and chicken are not safe. We should be shouting this from the rooftops. The science is extremely clear.

My fast continues. I am feeling fine. Much better than I did on the last fast at this point. I think my body is adjusting to this.

My plans are to continue to fast until midnight Monday night (96 hours). I will let you know how that goes.

More later.

No comments: