Friday, January 25, 2008

Day twentyfive begins

Slept like a baby last night. Had some kind of meaningful dream which hovers on the edge of memory. Fragments only can I remember.

Oh, well.

This morning I am having a blended salad consisting of banana, strawberries, blackberries, peaches, spinach, ground flaxseed and soymilk.

I will not work out today. Between Bikram on Tuesday, cardio on Wednesday, and Bikram on Thursday, I am physically tired. I need a rest day. I will either bike or do yoga tomorrow depending on the weather and my daughter. She is getting interested in yoga and may want to go to the class tomorrow morning.

I have not weighed today. I would say my diet yesterday was moderate. I did not overeat, neither was I hungry. That is definitely a sustainable diet for me. Be interesting to see where my weight is today.

My goal is around 170 to 175. At 72 inches tall, that would put me at or close to my goal weight according to the ETL book. I have not been that weight in almost 20 years. Having said that, the last time I was there, I was on a very similar diet to the one I am now practicing, even including fasting. I used to fast regularly. I did not know why. My body simply demanded it. I suppose I was more in tune with my physical self then. I was also practicing a macrobiotic diet, which is extremely similar to the ETL diet in many respect.

More later.

No comments: