Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day twentysix begins

Last night Ruth and I went to Ray and Debby's for dinner and such. I brought a roasted vegetable dish consisting of eggplant, onion, asparagus and corn. This dish can be seen as a side on Ray's vegetarian cooking blog.

Making this dish is extremely simple. Cut up the eggplant into 1 inch cubes. Cut the onion into large chunks. Cut the corn into 1 inch long sections. Cut the woody ends off of the asparagus. Place everything into a large bowl.

Obtain (if you can) the bag of roasting herbs from Trader Joe's. Otherwise, obtain fresh oregano, sage, rosemary and thyme. Put about 2 cups of these herbs (picked off the woody stems) into a blender or food processor with about 1 Tbsp of olive oil and a couple of tablespoons of garlic (we use organic in the jar) and a few tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Blend until a thick paste is formed. Add to the vegetables and stir with a wooden spoon until the vegetables are thoroughly coated. Pour the coated vegetables into a large roasting pan and roast in a 400 degree oven for about half an hour until the vegetables are tender.

The eggplant is particularly choice. For variations, you could add portabella mushrooms, zucchini squash, broccoli or pretty much any such vegetable.

We ate the dinner at Ray's house last night. I also had half a large apple and almond butter. I ate half of the muffin, which I regret. As a result, the psoriasis kicked back up. I have a lot of itching and discomfort this morning. Also, my weight is 244.4, up slightly from yesterday. Possibly my weight will decline a bit if I go to the bathroom later.

Ruth and I are sharing a blended salad with peaches, strawberries, blackberries, banana, soymilk, spinach and ground flaxseed.

My original plan was to go to Bikram this morning but Ruth does not have to go into work until noon, so I would miss out on being with her this morning. So instead I will go to the gym while she is working. Too cold to ride the bike today. But I definitely need some exercise today. Maybe Jon is available.

More later.

No comments: