Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day twentyseven

This is probably the only post I will get to do today, it being Sunday and a very busy day. Bringing you up to date, I did go to Bikram yesterday -- sort of. I went to the noon class which is Naeda's daughter Alyssa. This is not a typical Bikram class. Compared to Naeda's class, it is much, much easier. I still got a good sweat. Alyssa is more of a typical yoga instructor. Bikram yoga is a very demanding form of yoga, athletically. Her yoga was relaxed, laid back, slow and a very nice change-of-pace from the normal Bikram fare.

Afterwards, I had lunch at Whole Foods consisting of a variety of tofu, tempeh and seitan dishes, steamed broccoli, brown rice, chickpeas and the like.

I then came home and crashed. When Ruth came home, she decide to take me out to eat at Nana's of Durham, one of our favorite restaurants. I have described their vegan fare before in this blog, and as usual it was excellent.

We arose this morning and I had some fruit (a banana and half a blood orange). For lunch we went to The Loop in Chapel Hill which was kind of sketchy. I had a couscous veggie salad which was OK, but not great. Later, Jon and I went to the gym and worked out.

I then made dinner. I have been working on an adzuki bean dish all weekend. This was made as follows:

2 pounds of adzuki beans from the bulk section of Whole Foods.
2 entire containers of Imagine low sodium vegetable broth.
4 carrots chopped into 1 inch lengths.
1 entire onion chopped into large pieces
5 cloves of garlic crushed
3 entire ears of corn, with the kernels cut off
2 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
3 Tbsp garam masala
3 Tbsp cumin

Put the whole thing in a crock pot and set it to high. Let it simmer for a few hours, stirring occasionally.

I simply turn it off at night and turn it on again in the morning. I add liquid as necessary (more broth in my case). It gets better day by day.

I combined this with roasted vegetables (corn, asparagus, broccoli, and shitake mushroom). These were prepared in the same manner as yesterday. See that blog for more information. I also made a big salad with romaine lettuce, black seedless grapes, blood orange, asian pear, tomato, and red bell pepper.

Here is a photo of what the dish ended up looking like:



It was, needless to say, very tasty.

I am presently very slightly itchy and have a bit of dry skin. I am still having some scaling, but the psoriasis is not bothering me much.

My plan is to help Jeanae with her homework and relax for the rest of tonight. Tomorrow I have some work I need to get done for my job. I also have a Doctor's appointment tomorrow with Dr. Sharp. I will let you know how that goes.

More later.

No comments: