Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day six begins

Almost one full week. I am also in the last 24 hours of my water-only fast.

I had a rough night. My inflammation kicked up. I had massive itching in the crotch area. I probably woke up a hundred times. I also dreamed about food. Lots and lots of unhealthy food. Prime Rib, dripping with fat. Cheesecake. Barbecued chicken with crispy skin. French fries. You get the idea. Basically everything you cannot eat on the ETL diet, ever.

I woke up slightly nauseous. I am burping a toxic smelling gas. It feels like a lot of the beasties that are infesting my gut are dying of starvation, and their little friends are consuming their remains with glee and abandon. Hence my discomfort.

I am as usual stubbornly determined. I will continue to fast until tomorrow morning, at which time I will break my fast with whole fruit.

I received the results from my LEAP test yesterday as well. I have been to see an MD in the area named Michael Sharp who runs a clinic called Plum Spring Clinic in Chapel Hill. He claims to be an alternative practitioner similar to Dr. F. He has done a bunch of food sensitivity tests on me, including the LEAP profile. Dr. F. talks about LEAP in his book. He thinks it is useful but expensive.

At any rate, they show a bunch of food and supplement sensitivities I did not know that I have, including peppers and lettuce. Lettuce really sucks. Also broccoli. Did I mention that I love broccoli? Oh, and chickpeas. I have been eating them to beat the band.

So, useful information.

My current weight is 246.0, a loss of 1.6 pounds from yesterday, as I recall. My waist is still 48 inches.

More later.

No comments: