Monday, January 28, 2008

Day twentyeight begins

I had an extremely rough night last night.

I tried something my friend Jodi suggested: A skin lotion called Curel Natural Healing. This had an odd effect.

First, it made my skin kind of sticky. Second it made it seem like it was sealed off. Like it was not breathing.

The most important effect, though, was that it made the itching stop.

Now that may sound like a good thing. Here's the rub, though. I had general, overall itching. This could be compared to the sound of a fan in a room which drowns out other sounds. Since the fan's noise is pretty constant, it can be ignored. Eventually, you come to regard it as part of the background.

If you turn off the fan, you hear every little sound. The creaking of the house as it settles seems painfully loud. You wake up every few minutes.

This is what I experienced with itching. The sensation of a part of my body needing to be scratched became much more pronounced. As a result, I was up pretty much all night long.

Bummer. Not sure what to do about this. My wife thinks I should go back to using a topical steroid for now. I have Dr. F.'s permission to do this. I may resort to that tonight. I cannot handle two sleepless nights in a row.

Diet wise, I had a blended salad with spinach, blueberries, cherries, banana, ground flaxseed and soymilk. I also had a small bowl of granola (admittedly not completely ETL compliant, due to a bit of added sugar) earlier.

My wife and I are planning to have lunch at Blue Corn Cafe. I will report on that later.

I am also facing some work challenges. My assistant is in India, many hours out-of-sync with me in terms of time zone. There are things we need to get done.

More later.

No comments: