Friday, January 11, 2008

Day eleven continued

I weighed myself and was a whopping 249.8 pounds. Yeah, I definitely pigged out yesterday. Everything I ate was on Dr. F.'s unrestricted list, but I really, really over did it. 3 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables for lunch may be a bit too much. Lots of legumes are in there too. I suspect that it is the legumes actually that are the trigger for weight gain. They are calorically dense after all. Yes, they are very nutritious, but they contain way more calories than, say, lettuce.

That was pre-BM, though. Post-BM, I was 248.4, which is better, but still higher than yesterday.

We will eat a bit less today.

Waist was 48.5, which is a bit less. I may be gaining some muscle. Yoga for a week will do that.

I will readily admit that Bikram yoga is the most demanding and physical workout I have done in years. Mountain biking for three hours will make me feel similar, but Bikram only takes 90 minutes to achieve the same state. It is a killer workout.

Areas that are probably developing are the shoulders, legs and lower back. These areas get worked very, very hard in Bikram yoga.

One issue I am having is gas. Lots of legumes yesterday is causing me to have this issue in spades. Kind of unpleasant.

My plan to day is to focus on green leafy vegetables. I have had a smoothie and a bowl of oatmeal so far today. I will be going down to the office shortly. At that point, I will have one of the salads at the EMC cafeteria. I may also have a piece of fruit. I plan to work out lightly on a cardio machine there as well.

More later.

No comments: