Monday, January 14, 2008

Day fourteen begins

Two full weeks. Yay! We are getting there!

Ruth and I had dinner with Ray and Debbie last night. This was an ETL adventure. I modified the lentils recipe by blending the leftovers (making something I have come to know as a dulse). Ruth and I had a bowl of this for lunch. Then I added some cannellini beans, an entire bokchoy, and two heirloom tomatoes. This was teamed up with a large green salad made of field greens, apple, pear, strawberry, yellow bell pepper and tomato. For dressing I used balsamic as usual.

Ray and Debby brought grilled tofu with Thai chili curry and black bean soup.

It was a feast.

Oh, and I forgot. I made dessert. This was my first adventure in the area of dessert.

I took and entire squash (what I thought was a turban squash, although I may be wrong on that one) and baked it in a pan with a few inches of water at 200 degrees for several hours until the skin was soft and pliable.

I then removed the squash meat from the skin, and discarded the skin. The the meat I added a pear, two small apples and some grapes all cut up fairly small. I added about 2 cups of pomegranate juice as well. I mixed this thoroughly and baked it at 350 degrees until bubbly (about 30 minute).

It made a hearty dessert, but not too sweet. No added oil. A little sugar from the juice. But very similar to other dessert recipes I see on Dr. F.'s site.

Today I am feeling great, although my skin is still itchy. My lesions continue to shrink and heal. The pace of scaling has slowed.

I intend to provide Dr. F. the test results from Dr. Sharp's testing in PDF form today. Ruth and I will also attend a yoga class this afternoon.

So far today, I have had a smoothie, similar to what I have described in the past, but at the suggestion of Jodi, my friend in Cary, I have started adding greens. I added about a cup of frozen spinach to this mix, and it worked fine. I will continue to add more greens until I reach my limit.

We are presently having a bowl of fruit consisting of grapes and pears.

More later.

No comments: