Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day twentytwo continued

I weighed out today at 236.4, a new low weight. This is a loss of 22.5 pounds from my high weight of 258.9. I am maintaining a pound a day rate. Cool!

My waist is still 47, though. No change there. I am losing weight in other parts of my body, I guess. My wife tells me that my face looks much thinner.

Having said that I would like to lose some of this weight off of my waistline. You know, the dangerous intra-abdominal fat. I guess that may take some time.

For lunch today my wife and I went to Blue Corn Cafe. This place did not disappoint. We had the black bean and sweet potato soup. This was an amazing soup. Lots of tomato flavor. Black beans. Very crisp and fresh corn and carrot. As well as sweet potato. We also had guacamole (which we had to make ourselves from the avocado and salsa they provided as theirs has sour cream) with plain corn tortillas. Then we shared the vegan fajitas. Again, no dairy or animal products at all. Excellent black beans. Really nice salad. Grilled squash, pepper and onion.

This was a most excellent meal.

After that we attended a Bikram class. I suppose I was still a bit weak, as I had trouble with becoming faint. However, I finished the class and then we went to Whole Foods for dinner. We had Aloo Matar (potato and pea curry) on brown rice with steamed zucchini, and pineapple and grapes.

Later we had another blended salad consisting of spinach, frozen cherries and banana with soymilk and ground flax seed.

I feel very full and satisfied. I find that I am not very tired although it is after midnight. But I must rest anyway.

Symptom wise, my skin was pretty itchy before Bikram. Afterwards, as usual, that was completely relieved for several hours. It is now ratcheting back up again. I scaled an enormous amount of skin off during the class. Huge amounts of epithelial bundles were coming off of all my lesions. I probably lost half a pound in skin alone. I was making a mess there on the mat.

The aftermath of the fast is obviously still being felt. I was told this would happen. I need to assess where I am and figure out a strategy for going forward. I am hoping Dr. F. will respond to my two recent posts and we can work together on that.

More later.

No comments: