Monday, January 14, 2008

Day fourteen continued

Today was a good day. I heard from my tax advisor in CA that the FTB tax liability has been satisfied. Awesome. That is a very, very long story, but suffice it to say that a huge burden has been lifted off of our shoulders.

For lunch, Ruth and I shared some bean soup, and I made us a salad smoothie later with lots and lots of frozen spinach. I have now gone to the store and loaded up on chopped frozen spinach for this purpose. Helps to get that one pound of greens in. We also had some more of the squash I made yesterday.

I attended another Bikram yoga class today. Sweated buckets. I got far less tired than last time. I also did more and with less effort than before. Yoga is like water on rocks. Eventually, your body adapts.

Later, Ruth and I went to Whole Foods for dinner. I tried all of the various kinds of tofu, tempeh and so forth, some of which were great. I also had a steamed sweet potato, brussel sprouts and a large salad consisting of field greens, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, and so forth. Balsamic vinegar for dressing. The check out person said "Very healthy!" when I checked out.

I feel pretty good right now. The dry cold weather is playing hob with my skin, causing all sorts of dryness and itching. However, the psoriasis is way down, and the arthritis is definitely going away.

It is amazing to me that all of these years I have suffered for the sake of eating 24 ounce porterhouse steak, barbecue brisket, rotisserie chicken, ice cream, cheese and so forth. I would have so totally been vegan all along had I known I could feel this good.

The world needs to know this. The forces of the world which are keeping this information away from the public must be overcome. My current book is called the China Study. This is another mind blowing book on why we are all dying of various chronic preventable diseases. The number one preventable cause of disease is consumption of animal products. The cost of animal based diet on society dwarfs the costs of cigarettes, tobacco and alcohol combined. This is a story which has not been told, and needs to be.

More later.

No comments: