Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day twelve continued reprise

Three posts today. Coobers!

Ruth and I had dinner. I did research on the internet for healthy vegetarian restaurants. The name which kept coming up on every site I visited was the Blue Corn Cafe on Ninth Street in Durham.

This place did not disappoint. I explained to the server (a nice young man named Dylan) that I could not consume any animal products whatsoever, and wanted everything very light in terms of oil. He recommended the vegetarian fajitas, which he promised would be light. They provided avocados instead of guacamole (their guac contains sour cream) and I made my own guac with a little salsa. The fajitas were grilled zucchini and yellow squash, onion, tomato, and mushroom. The sauce was very light. They had excellent vegetarian black beans. I mostly went without any tortillas, but had them bring corn instead of flour (a huge savings in calories). There was a green salad included in the entree as well. The total cost for this meal for both Ruth and I was less than $40. Which for a nice date night dinner is a bargain.

I will continue to research low fat, salt and sugar vegetarian restaurants in the area. This is a good part of the world for this type of cuisine. Ruth and I should be able to eat out frequently without deviating from the diet.

I feel great. My lesions are shrinking. I am not very itchy. My level of inflammation is extremely low. I have slight stiffness in the right hand, and almost none in the left. My mental clarity is extremely sharp. I have great energy.

I am considering my next fast. Ruth is going to Florida to visit her mother next week from Thursday to Sunday. My plan is to fast for four days at that time. I will ask Dr. F. if it is too soon to do so.

More later.

No comments: