Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day nine continued

I feel pretty good today. I have minimal inflammation. The arthritis is way down. My forehead is still smooth to the touch. My scaling is slowing down. Some of my lesions are even healing.

Pretty cool.

For lunch I ate a salad consisting of field greens, carrots, tomato, purple onion, yellow squash, zucchini squash, chickpeas, cucumber and red bell pepper. I added a sprinkling of sunflower seeds. I used balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing with no oil. The yellow and zucchini squash, purple onion and some of the tomato were lightly marinated and had some oil. Aside from that, the salad was oil free.

I drank purified water with lemon juice all day. No caffeine today.

For dinner I made a spaghetti squash with a sauce consisting of tomato sauce (organic from the can), onion, garlic, and bokchoy. I also added some fresh oregano to this sauce. Spooned that over the spaghetti squash. Delicious! Completely fat free and ETL compliant. No added salt either.

Most excellent.

I have been haunted by a dream I had last night. We lived in a beautiful house right by the sea. One day, for no particular reason, we decided to flood the house with water. We took a hose, put it in the upstairs family room, and turned it on.

I looked around and saw all of the lovely things in the house. Furniture, musical instruments, electronics, and so forth. I realized that they would all be destroyed by the water. I decided to save as many of them as possible.

When I came outside, I saw my front porch was filled with lots of suspicious looking people lurking about, most of whom I did not know. I saw one guy who was my neighbor. Although I did not know, like or trust this guy very much, at least I knew him. I asked him if he would watch my stuff for me while I brought it out of the house. He said sure.

I commenced to carry all of the valuables out of the house and put them in the care of this man. On my last trip out of the house (to recover my wallet and cell phone), he was gone and so were all of my things.

I got the police and came to his house. I called his number from my cell phone, and he answered. I asked about my stuff, and he replied "What stuff?" When the police began banging down his door, we caught him in the act of destroying my Taylor guitar (irreplaceable one-of-a-kind 25 year anniversary special).

I woke up.

Interpreting this dream has been a background task of my mind all day. Near as I can tell, the house is my body. All of the lovely things are my health. The ability to perform music has been robbed from me by arthritis, for example. The water hose was food, diet, and the unhealthy lifestyle I have led. For some reason, in the dream, it never occurred to me to turn off the hose. Instead, I was focused on saving the beautiful things, while the house was destroyed.

The suspicious people lurking outside were the medical industry. The man I knew was my doctor, who I view with deep suspicion. By following his advice, I entrust the beautiful things (my health) into his care. But in the end, he steals my health from me and destroys it anyway.

I think that's pretty close to the correct interpretation, near as I can tell. What is happening in my mind is that I am struggling with the process of turning off the hose. That is the painfully obvious step that was required to save not only the beautiful things in the house, but the house itself. I am just now beginning to understand what is required to turn that hose off. This blog is about that process. The process of saving my health, and ultimately, my life.

More later.

No comments: