Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day ten begins

I slept very well last night. I had some more interesting dreams, but I will not go into that right now.

I made some killer pinto beans, and Ruth and I had those before going to bed last night. Dr. F. allows unlimited consumption of this sort of thing.

My beans consisted of a bag of dried pinto beans soaked 24 hours. I added a container of vegetable broth, a whole onion chopped. four cloves of garlic, an entire bokchoy, garam masala, and cumin. There was no added salt in these beans. I cooked them for about 3 hours. They were amazing. The cost of this entire dish was about $4.

We ate very well off of them last night, and have at least that much left over. That's 4 meals at $1 per meal.

I weighed 246.6 this morning. I have not measured my waist. Symptom wise, my lesions are beginning to heal in some places. My inflammation is moderate. I have a little stiffness in my hands. I am slightly itchy.

I am noticing a benefit to the diet in terms of emotional state and mental clarity. I seem to be sharper. I have more energy. I am not drinking any caffeinated beverages, so that may be part of it. I worked out yesterday for 30 minutes on a Precor EFX 346 (interval 11/13), and found it very easy. I was much less tired after doing this than before I went on the diet.

I have a doctor's appointment with Dr. Sharp this morning at 9:00 a.m. I need to get there.

More later.

1 comment:

June said...

Are you sure that the 'box of broth' that you added to your beans contains no sodium?? Usually these broths are high in sodium even when the box says 'low sodium'. Check the amt. of sodium on the box to be sure.
Dr.Fuhrman's protocol for psoriasis calls for 'not a speck of salt' in the diet.
Hope this suggestion helps in your journey back to health.
Have enjoyed reading your posts on ETL website and your blog.
June